Σελίδες

Κυριακή 3 Φεβρουαρίου 2013

La Roche-Posay: Respectissime Ultra-Doux Defining Mascara

Hey everyone and Happy February!

The reason why this post will be a controversial one, is based to my mixed feelings for this mascara.Well, I know I might sound boring, but my love for La Roche Posay is a fact.
This Respectissime mascara though, isn't a wow product for me and that's a little bit frustrating for that brand. Let me tell you why...

First things first, I really do appreciate its wand. Enough small and precise for your lower lash line and for your outer corner ones. A general ok size for an every day mascara. Nothing crazy or so.
I think that the actual liquid product is what I'm not satisfied with.
I dont know, every time I put on one layer, it's sooo clumpy that I look like I have 3 top thick lashes. They stuck together. It's like the liquid cannot be applied and blend in to your lashes, and it only stucks on them; there, to only one part, and not to the whole individual lash hair if you know what I mean. Maybe it's the short bristles in conjunction to the liquid? Don't know. When it comes to my second layer, the things are getting better, as I build the product up while I'm trying to separate them when they're still wet. Then I'm ok...
I do like the result I get with that full lash effect, but I don't like the effort I put on to achieve that.
If I put it on quickly, I'm gonna end up with spider lashes. It takes time to achieve a nice look. You can get that, but does it worth that whole procedure?
If for some reason you wish a third layer, that would be a bad idea, as you might destroy the seperated look you have achieved from second layer, by sticking them together.
Also I find that If i'm not using any eyeshadow, but my mascara, it appears like "wow, you have eyeliner too, huh?". It's super black and flirty!
I think it looks more natural though, If you have your eyeshadows on as a distraction, otherwise it seems almost like you have fake lashes on. Good and bad on the same time, depending the occasion you want it for.
Also, I do like that when it comes to taking off my make up, that liquid is soo gentle and easy to cleanse it off that i'm impressed! So, for days when you want to come and demaquillage quickly, that's your saver!
The fact that it has good ingredients like argan oil and shea butter that they can truely nourish your lashes is amazing! You know that you're not harming your sensitive eyes! And when it comes to lashes that are been tortured every day with make up and so on, that's awesome! The reason why I love that brand ;-)
Oh, I heart the texture of my lashes too! They're not soft, but they're softer than every other average mascara. You can feel those oils are working :)
In general, it's a simple every day mascara, more to the defining and lengthening than volumising type.
Product was sent from assetOgilvy on behalf of L’oreal Cosmetique Active.
The sad part is that for the 5,9ml of product, the 18 Euros price tag is way too high.
I do like the slim package, but for that price... nuhhh
I've used in the past the one for volume the brand has and it's amazing! That one I'm going to repurchase every time I want that kind of therapy to my lashes.

So, you can see why it's a love and hate product on the same time.
It seems that when you're dealing more to your health, and less to your image, some products may not work as well as you would like. And when it comes to that brand, I do expect the product to be a 100% perfect, for me, for you, for everybody ;)
If you have used it, tell me your thoughts too.

xxx



1 σχόλιο:

  1. Πώς δεν μ΄αρέσει όταν οι μάσκαρες κάνουν αυτό το spider lash effect!
    Αγάπης-μίσους σχέση όπως φαίνεται!Δίκιο έχεις..!

    Σε tagαρα!
    http://thewillbyds.blogspot.gr/2013/02/tag-18.html

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...